Nylacast PA 6 Natural
Cast Nylon: Nylacast PA6
Nylacast PA 6 is the foundational grade in the cast nylon family. It is recognised as an engineering polymer and highly adaptable to various applications.
Its versatility stems from the ability to adjust its mechanical properties through polymerisation and enhance its performance with additives, fillers, lubricants, and colourants.
PA 6 operates efficiently without lubricants, offering over five times the wear resistance of non-ferrous metal plain bearings. Its ease of machining, lightweight nature (one-eighth that of brass), and pleasant handling qualities make it a preferred choice for component applications.
One of PA 6 most significant attributes is its exceptional abrasion resistance and wear performance, making it ideal for bearing applications and scenarios involving food contact, and it is available with FDA approval.
PA6, is available in natural and black colours as standard.
Why select this material?
- Good mechanical, thermal and chemical resistance properties
- Universally acknowledged as the primary engineering
- Good PV and load bearing capabilities
- Improved characteristics over extruded polyamides
- Good wear and abrasion resistance
- Good dimensional stability, largely free from internal
- Available in a wide range of sizes and colours
- Maritime and Shipbuilding
- Packaging, bottling and canning
- Food and beverage industry
- Quarrying and mining
- Cranes and lifting solutions