Want to discuss your projects further?
Our engineering team are on hand to discuss your needs and requirements further, so you can start benefiting from Nylacast’s engineering solutions sooner.
00 44 116 276 8558 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nylacast are a worldwide leader in the manufacture and supply of engineering plastic solutions.
We are currently growing our engineering team and as such are recruiting for the role of:
Mechanical Design & Project Engineer (Ref No: MDPEJAN18)
The Mechanical Design & Project Engineer will be a key member of the Engineered Products Division,
providing essential Engineering & Project support to new & existing customers.
The Main Duties will be:
• Taking control of projects from initial concept through to design to ensuring fulfillment of customer
• Development of engineering solutions for customers
• Providing engineering design reporting, varying from design calculations to FEA simulation
• Working simultaneously across a variety of different projects
• To produce detailed and accurate 2D & 3D drawings for customers
• Keeping all documents up to date in accordance with the project
• Accurately issue documents to both internal and external customers
• Follow up customer enquiries in a professional and timely manner
• Work closely with the Estimating & Planning function and Manufacturing Operations team
• Domestic and international travel to customer sites and suppliers as and when required
Requirements of the role
• Degree or qualification in a Mechanical Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
• At least 2 years of working in a Mechanical Engineering based environment
• Experience in the use of 2D drawing packages, preferably AutoCAD
• Experience in the use of 3D modeling packages, preferably Solidworks
• Competency in using Microsoft Projects
• Excellent communication, negotiating and presentation skills
• Excellent PC skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of a Quality Management System – ISO or TS
Reporting to: Engineering & Technical Manager
Location: The role will be based at our global head office in Leicester, however travel may be required both
domestically and internationally.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 5:00pm with a daily 60-minute lunch break.
Equal opportunities and other information/terms:
Nylacast welcomes the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide expertise dedication and
imagination, to propel us to a prosperous future. We believe that all employees have a right to be treated
with dignity and as such will not tolerate any form of harassment.
Reports to: Production Manager
Are you a time served CNC Programmer looking for job security?
Do you have experience programming in FANUC & Heidenhain?
Are you looking to work either DDS or Nights and available immediately
If you have answered yes to at least two of the above questions then Nylacast Ltd based in Leicester has great opportunities for ambitious CNC programmers like you to join a Company that has 50 years’ experience in the Manufacturing sector providing our customers with a complete Engineering Plastic Solution.
Brief overview of job role:
As a CNC Programmer you will be a pivotal member of the Manufacturing Team, utilizing your knowledge of 4 & 5 axis CNC Machining skills to optimize programs and machine efficiency
Main duties include:
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday, 06:00 to 14:00 & 14:00 to 22:00, rotating weekly with a daily break (Double Day Shift)
Sunday to Thursday, 22:00 to 06:00 with a daily break (Night Shift)
The role will be based at our manufacturing facilities in Leicester.
Equal opportunities and other information/terms:
Nylacast Ltd welcomes the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide expertise dedication and imagination to propel us to a prosperous future. We believe that all employees have a right to be treated with dignity and as such will not tolerate any form of harassment.
Nylacast works closely with local universities, helping students bring their knowledge and technical expertise that they have learnt to work on projects within the company. Advantages that Nylacast has found in giving year placements to students is that they are highly motivated and keen to gain respect within the company, and infusing the company with the latest ideas and invigorate the environment that they are working in.
Here at Nylacast we believe in looking after our people who do a fantastic job in growing & looking after our business whilst ensuring that all Stakeholders associated with Nylacast are serviced to the highest standard possible. Therefore, as a member of the Nylacast team you can expect to enjoy competitive rates of pay for the job that you are completing and furthermore your role will also carry a range of other benefits:
Working at Nylacast: Dale BartramFind out more
Working at Nylacast: Abdur LimaliaFind out more
Working at Nylacast: Jack NurseFind out more
Working at Nylacast: Sonia DehalFind out more
Working at Nylacast: Michael ThompsonFind out more
Working at Nylacast: Deana WhiteFind out more