Job title | Manufacturing Scheduler
Reporting To | Master Scheduler and Production Admin Supervisor
Location | The role will be based at our manufacturing site – Thurmaston Boulevard, Leicester, LE4 9LN
Hours | Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 5:00 pm with a daily 60-minute lunch break – Flexibility as business needs dictate
The Nylacast Group are a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and supply of engineering plastic solutions, with a global brand presence and 9 worldwide locations.
Brief overview of job role:
As a Manufacturing Scheduler, you will be required to provide detailed planning for the whole and/or part of the Nylacast Engineered Products Manufacturing plant, ensuring the effective and efficient use of all resources. You will also be a champion of the ERP system and with this ensures the system fully supports the business needs in providing detailed accurate information.
Main duties include, however not limited to:
- Generate and manage a manufacturing plan to meet scheduled dates for customer orders, continually monitoring information and managing resources.
- Using the company ERP system, help set up and maintain the efficient running of the system, APS, BOMs, process flow etc.
Set promised dates for customer orders and liaise with Sales Department accordingly
- Using the company ERP system, release production orders/job cards on a timely basis and follow through to ensure satisfactory completion.
- Using the company ERP system, review resources, machines, manpower, and shifts etc. on a daily and weekly basis to maintain accurate scheduling. Provide manufacturing team with manufacturing plan and monitor this.
- Liaise with Production Managers regarding capacity and stock requirements to meet incoming orders.
- Prepare summary reports and make recommendations concerning manufacturing, capacity, transactions and accuracy. To include capacity planning and operational OEE performance.
- Carry out necessary follow-up activities to ensure delivery and transaction schedules are met.
- Continuous improvement/development of systems and procedures in support of process improvements and elimination of waste.
- Maintain good customer relations internally and externally that promote the business.
- Liaise with sales and Technical Departments to ensure all inquiries are dealt with promptly and in line with customer requirements
- Observe Manufacturing & Assembly areas to determine if the routing contains current and accurate information.
- Informs immediate reporting line of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in any BOMs. Correct as required.
- To act professionally in accordance with company policies and procedures as laid down in the Employees Handbook
- Develop and maintain effective communication links with fellow colleagues to ensure the above.
- The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties, training and responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in Scheduling/Planning in an Engineering/Manufacturing Environment essential
- Strong working knowledge of material planning and production systems (MRP / ERP)
- Understanding of operational processes, capacity needs, planning and JIT
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent PC Skills
- Methodical & accurate approach to work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Equal opportunities and other information/terms:
Nylacast Ltd welcomes the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide expertise dedication and imagination to propel us to a prosperous future. We believe that all employees have a right to be treated with dignity and will not tolerate any form of harassment furthermore Nylacast operates Non-Smoking Policies.
Please note due to the high level of Applications/CVs that we will potentially receive, we will only be contacting applicants that will be taken through to the next stage.
Job Ref: Manufacturing Scheduler
Please send all CV’s/Applications to: Nylacast HR
Closing date for applications will be 29/06/2015