Nylacast is a leading manufacturer of low-weight, low-friction polymers and award winning solutions for safety critical applications, with over 530 employees around 6 worldwide sites.
• 51 years of manufacturing and operations.
• 78% of UK manufactured goods exported to more than 47 countries.
• Over 12 million safety critical automotive components delivered per year to a global customer base.
• More than 80 million vehicles featuring Nylacast EPS WormWheels since 1999.
• Over 4.75 million Engineered Products delivered to worldwide customers each year.
• Approximately 2,200 satisfied customers from widespread industries.
• Over 530 Nylacast team members employed across 4 continents.
• More than 3,150 combined years of service from Nylacast staff.
• 8 year average length of service at Nylacast.
• Over 22% of the workforce have been with Nylacast for more than 15 years.
• More than 30 qualified first responders, first aiders and fire marshals.
EDUCATION & EARLY CAREERS
• 35 apprentices developed from students to engineers through Nylacast’s in-house Engineering Training Academy.
• 71% of qualified apprentices continuing full time careers at Nylacast.
• More than 20 students in the current apprenticeship cycle.
• Over 10 work experience placements opportunities provided for local students per year.
• 18 secondary school students have successfully completed Nylacast’s Introneering summer program to deliver an insight into engineering careers.
• Key partnerships with 3 leading UK universities and multiple colleges and schools.
IN THE COMMUNITY
• Working with Leicestershire Cares to support 8,500 children and young people in schools, 359 job seekers and 50 community groups per year.
• Over 900 hours per annum spent by team members on community improvement projects and charitable causes.
• Proud sponsors of many school and local football, rugby, swimming and racing teams including formula student.
• More than 7 local charities supported by Nylacast to develop communities and address topics including mental health, poverty, disabilities and health.