Division: Nylacast Automotive
Job Ref: NYL_AE_0220
Please send all CV’s/Applications to: Clare gregory
Closing date for applications will be 28/02/2020Application Form Job Description
Are you an Applications Engineer with experience of product development programmes from APQP through to PPAP delivery supporting customers within an automotive metal cutting, machining and/or gear cutting environment. If yes this could be a perfect opportunity with a forward thinking and progressive organisation.
As an Applications Engineer, you will be charged with supporting product development programs both internally and externally providing technical advice and development for client enquiries within the automotive arena.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
• Taking detailed briefs from the client to understand their requirements whilst providing technical support for new product launch programmes from concept through the customer sign off.
• Collaborating with existing Technical Engineers to develop a detailed understanding of all existing customer and product ranges.
• Supporting APQP process for new product development from enquiry through to PPAP delivery to customers.
• Driving forward design and development activities within new projects across Europe and Asia being responsible for all technical attributes from product design through all development phases and onto manufacturing within launch.
• Managing and revising internal drawings including revisions, updates, issuing process and new drawing generation.
• Develop technical relationships with existing and new customers, supporting site visits as required.
• Create and develop internal innovation process for evaluation and business case creation of new products and materials
• Support operations requirement for engineering and technical assistance on product and process development.
• Work closely with R&D to guide new product and process development towards profitable customer solution development.
• Seeking Sales and Business Development opportunities with customers through technical innovation and delivery of services.
• Delivering projects within time constraints seeking effective solutions to customer issues managing all DFMEA and DFM functions.
Applications are welcomed from Application Engineers, Development Engineers, Resident Engineers and/or Product Engineers who have a strong mechanical background and have delivered programmes within a machine, metal cutting and/or precision machining environment.
Experience of delivering APQP processes through to customer PPAP and knowledge of product development initiatives within the automotive arena is essential.
HOURS OF WORK
Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 17:00 hours, with a daily 1 hour lunch break contracted to 37.5 hours per week, however flexibility within hours of work is required as business needs dictate.
The role will be based at our manufacturing facilities in Leicester however travel both in the UK and internationally may be required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND OTHER INFORMATION/TERMS
Nylacast Ltd welcomes the talent of people from diverse backgrounds to provide expertise dedication and imagination to propel us to a prosperous future. We believe that all employees have a right to be treated with dignity and as such will not tolerate any form of harassment.